Who runs In Her Stories?
Hi, I’m Bernara, and I am a solo traveller from Kyrgyzstan. Kyr…what? You must be thinking where the f*ck Kyrgyzstan is? Don’t worry, you are not the first and not the last person to have this question. In fact, I get asked about my country 98% of the time I introduce myself to new people. The other 2% usually think it’s Kazakhstan or Kurdistan *cries in Kyrgyz*. To save you some time, I marked on the map where Kyrgyzstan is:
I’ve been getting myself into random yet fun adventures around the world for the past 5 years:
- Visited 43 countries with
a shitty3rd world passport
- Managed to check out 5 out of 7 Wonders of the Modern World
- Learnt the naked truth about travelling, people and our world in general
- Came out of my shell and made friends for life along the way
- Learnt how to love me, live in a present moment and enjoy this life to the fullest
I love travelling. And I love helping people. So why not create a blog to join these 2 passions of mine? It’s not just a travel blog with “10 best places to visit in XXX”. You will find my personal travel stories spiced up with sarcasm. I will also be raw and real, not sugarcoat anything and share the travel life just the way it is.
What will you find on In Her Stories blog?
I will give you a mix of travel advice and tips, stories and opinions. Okay-okay… I quite liked
talking blogging, so you will also find whatever random thoughts which get into my head from time to time.
Besides travel and drinking cocktails in the different parts of the world, I’m also passionate about personal development and self-love. I went through this journey myself and frankly speaking, I am still on it. If I can help you with building your confidence, boosting your self-esteem, and making dreams come true, I am here for that.
I want In Her Stories to be an inspiring, helpful and informative source. You will learn new and exciting stuff about different places and yourself. I will share how to travel better, cheaper and smarter. And I genuinely would love to help you to live your best life now. Are you with me? Welcome aboard 🙂
I have answered a few questions about my travels in the FAQ section below. Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate it.
How can you travel so much?
I'm so-called "digital nomad" as I started to work online in January 2016. It's been quite an exciting and rewarding journey leaving the office work behind and jet off on adventures with a laptop and 10kg backpack.
What is your favourite destination?
Every country is unique. I'm biased here as I judge the country based on my personal experience. Usually, it's essential to keep in mind that we all visit different places, meet different people, try different food. You get it, there are a lot of various factors. Let me tell you what I love about specific countries.
I loved travelling in Japan because it's just so different from everywhere else. Legit weird sometimes. People are so polite and organized that it's intimidating for a Kyrgyz chick like me. Bali in Indonesia is high on my list as well. I mean, I went there 4 times and will go back 4 times any given minute. Never in my life, I've seen more beautiful sunsets than there.
The Philippines had one of the most beautiful nature I've ever seen. Blue pristine beaches, secret lagoons and eye infection I got from swimming with whale sharks. Thailand tested my patience and spicy food limits (hint: I am terrible with both). Peru showed that one country can be so diverse that sometimes you forget where you are. I am talking about going from Machu Picchu to Amazon jungles to desert within the same trip.
I also fell in love with Italy as it has excellent food, warm, welcoming people and sightseeing sights at every corner. Everyone talks about Belgian beer and chocolate, but no one says how cosy their towns can be! You can just walk and walk, and you will always stumble upon hidden alleys from the 17th century.
Actually, I liked every country. From Jordan to the USA, Japan to Myanmar, Sweden to India. Every destination is fun, challenging sometimes but fun nonetheless.
Where have you traveled?
Japan, South Korea, The Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, China, Taiwan, Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Myanmar, India, Nepal, Sri Lanka
Africa, the Middle East and the Caucasus
Turkey, Jordan, Egypt, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan
Austria, Belgium, France, Italy, Vatican City, Germany, Sweden, Serbia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Montenegro, Albania, Macedonia, Ukraine, Moldova, Russia
I have visited Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Mexico and some other countries, which I do not count as travelling as I only spent a day or two there and didn't get to explore it fully.